Patricia Keon was re-elected for a second four-year term on April 11, 2017 and was sworn in as a City Commissioner on April 28, 2017. Mayor Raúl Valdés-Fauli appointed her as Vice Mayor from May 9, 2017 to April 2018. She began her first term of service on April 12, 2013.
Commissioner Keon has a long history of public service in our community. She has been appointed to serve on a number of City Boards including the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, where she spearheaded the redevelopment of the Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center. She also served previously on the City’s Planning and Zoning Board.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Barry College in 1970. Commissioner Keon worked at New York University Medical Center and later at Jackson Memorial Hospital until 1976 when her first child was born. During the time her children were of school age, she was an officer or board member of their PTAs and also served on various school board advisory panels. She went back to graduate school at Florida International University (FIU) in 1996 and completed a Masters in Public Administration in December 1999. She worked as policy aide to County Commissioner Jimmy Morales from 1999 until he left office in 2004.
Commissioner Keon currently serves on the Dean’s Advisory Board of the School of Arts and Science at FIU.
She has three adult sons, two daughters-in-law, two granddaughters and two grandsons. Her late husband, Bill, passed away in 2008.
2017-2021: City Commissioner, Group Three
2013-2017: City Commissioner, Group Three. Appointed Vice Mayor on May 9, 2017 until April 2018.
• Founding Member of the Coral Gables Museum
• Coral Gables Planning & Zoning Board
• Coral Gables Board of Adjustment
• Coral Gables Senior Citizens Advisory Board
• Coral Gables Code Enforcement Board
• Coral Gables Youth Advisory Board
• Coral Gables Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
• Coral Gables Citizens Panel on Street Closures
• Coral Gables Garden Club
• Dade County School’s Citizens’ Advisory Panel for Children with Learning Disabilities
• Coral Gables Elementary School PTA, president and board member
• C.W. Carver Elementary School, board member
• Sunset Elementary PTA, Spanish International Parents’ Association
• Parents’ Association, Ransom Everglades School
• Women’s Cancer Association, Barton Ravlin Chapter
• Red Cross
• CHARLEE Homes for Children
• Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
• League of Women Voters
Appointment Information: Contact 305-569-1817
City of Coral Gables
Office of Vice Mayor Patricia Keon
405 Biltmore Way, Second Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33134